Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Great Moisturizer for Your Purse & a Tip for a Cold-Ransacked Nose

YuBe Moisturizing Cream I don't know if it's the Retin-A, building furnaces or the natural aging process, but every winter my skin becomes dry and flaky. I've tried everything from Eucerin's Aquaphor Original Ointment (love it, but it's a tad greasy for my face) to Revaleskin Coffeeberry Day Cream (obsessed! Obsessed!) and now I'm going to try YuBe Moisturizing Skin Cream ($13-$15 for a 1.5 oz. tube) , which I've been reading about for a couple years now. Beauty editors have gone ga-ga for it, and I'm not sure it's because it's so great or if they got a freebie from the company. I don't always trust my fellow beauty editor.

YuBe (which I paid for myself) is the No. 1 selling medicated skin cream in Japan and the packaging claims it is used by people hiking Everest (!!!). By the way, Eucerin's Aquaphor is apparently used by Olympic skiiers who are not likely on Eucerin's payroll.

I plan to keep YuBe in my purse because it's cute and purse-sized. I'll let you know if I fall in love with it. Right now it feels a little greasy on my face and smells vaguely medicinal, like menthol.

Cold sufferers: If you hate, hate, hate the way your nose peels right after a cold and you feel the constant need to apologize, "That is not dried snot, my nose is recovering from a cold," I highly recommend smothering the nose area in Aquaphor and exfoliating with a washcloth. My nose was so bad a few weeks ago after a cold that I put Aquaphor in a tiny container in my purse. It did the trick, perfectly.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment